Silver Park Boat Landing
New Clark Fork Boat Landing Opens Downtown
A new boat landing on the Clark Fork River opened July 1, providing another access point for rafters and boaters for "take-out" in downtown Missoula.
The new landing is located in Silver Park, a new 15-acre public riverfront park just west of Osprey Stadium developed by the Missoula Redevelopment Agency and Missoula Parks and Recreation. The boat ramp is designated as "take-out only"; launching from Silver Park is not recommended due to multiple hazards downstream including a diversion dam, shallow and braided river channels and multiple in-stream obstacles.
Silver Park is the last public access point for boaters to exit the Clark Fork before the Grass Valley diversion dam located 5.5 miles downstream. Below the dam, floaters can launch (put in) at one of the many Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks fishing access points on the Clark Fork, such as Kelly Island. Information about fishing regulations and river access can be found at the Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks website.Commercial users must obtain a Special Use Permit from Missoula Parks and Recreation, details below.
Swimming at the Silver Park Landing is prohibited because the current is swift, and the river is deep. Parks and Recreation reminds citizens that Splash Montana and Currents Aquatics Center are open daily for safe, lifeguard-supervised swimming.
Enjoy Your Day On The River
- Ramp is for landing (take-out) only.
- Ramp is for loading and unloading watercraft only.
- Trail users have the right of way.
- Commercial users must obtain a Special Use Permit (PDF) from Missoula Parks and Recreation,
- Swimming is prohibited at landing due to deep water and swift current. Splash Montana and Currents Aquatics Center are open daily for safe, lifeguard-supervised swimming.
- Parking lot is closed during Missoula Osprey home games.(Osprey schedule)
- Day use only; no overnight camping.
- No fires, glass containers, or fireworks.