Types of Licenses

The City of Missoula collects fees for different types of licenses. The licenses are issued for the safety of Missoula City and County residents. Following is a brief description of the licenses the City of Missoula issues.

Click on the links for more detailed information.

  • Business Licenses - Required for commercially or home base businesses and commercial rental space.
  • Dog License - Both city and county residents much license all dogs over four monthsof age.
  • Chicken Permits - City residents are allowed up to 6 hens with a permit. See rules and regulations for all details.
  • Liquor License - Required for any business selling or serving alcohol. Must have both state and city liquor license.