Monument Requirements and Forms
We understand the importance of choosing monuments that provide a lasting memorial for your loved ones. Our cemetery showcases a wide assortment of monuments that include grass level markers and upright monuments.
|Pre-Verification Form||Allows cemetery to assess ground conditions that may interfere with placing a monument. Valid for 60 calendar days.|
|Permit Form||1. Permit and fees are due upon sale of the monument. Monument size and estimated delivery date are required.
2. Monuments delivered by April 15 will be set by Memorial Day. After this date, the cemetery will make every attempt to set monuments by Memorial Day.
3. Monument deliveries are scheduled M-F between 8am and 2:30pm with monument acceptance based on compliance with cemetery requirements.
|Variance Form||The intent of Missoula City Cemetery is to adhere to cemetery ordinance, yet in certain situations a variance or deviation may be warranted due to special or extenuating circumstances.
Submit a variance form, a drawing that shows the design of the monument, the monument layout on the foundation, and all measurements for the monument and foundation for cemetery review.
|Check-In at Cemetery Office Vases Wet Sets|
|Missoula City Cemetery is pleased to offer additional monument services for the families we serve.|
Important guidelines to consider:
- All monuments must be granite or military bronze.
- Size restriction is determined by grave location.
- Memorials equal usage of a grave and are in place of an interment.
- Consider flower needs when purchasing. Vases on a hearth allow for year round flower placement.
- Where can I purchase a monument?
Families can purchase monuments from a company of their choosing. All monuments are required to meet cemetery monument regulations.
- Can I use my favorite garden rock as my grave monument?
No. The cemetery allows only granite monuments. Please review all monument regulations.
- Can my veteran stone sit on my grave even if my spouse and I have an upright stone?
Yes. A veteran stone is placed flush with the ground in front of the upright stone or attached to the back of the upright stone. Flush stones must follow monument regulations.
- Can I place a stone on an old unmarked grave?
Yes, a monument can be placed on an unmarked grave however the inscription must reflect information for the person(s) already buried in the grave and not memorialize any additional individual. Please review monument information.