Waterworks Hill Trailhead Improvements
The North Hills Waterworks Trailhead will remain closed through approximately August 20 for major trailhead improvements. The trailhead's reopening date has been pushed back due to unavoidable construction delays.
The North Hills Open Space Preserve and trails will remain open and accessible from other trailheads, including the Orange St/Ray Froehlich trailhead, the Mountain View trailhead, and Sunlight trailheads on Duncan Drive. Alternative trailheads map. Please protect your open space and avoid conflicts by observing the rules at right.
Access nearby City open space at the Cherry St., Lincoln Hills, Tamarack trailheads on Mt. Jumbo, the Maurice Ave. and Gasworks trailheads on Mt. Sentinel, and the Duncan Drive and Lincolnwood trailheads to the Rattlesnake Greenway and USFS Rattlesnake National Recreation Area.
Please hike responsibly:
For the enjoyment and safety of yourself and others:
- Parking is limited at the alternative trailheads. Please carpool or use non-motorized transportation when possible.
- Please park ONLY in designated parking areas. Vehicles illegally parked along the road may be ticketed.
- Leash your dog in the parking lot and at least 200 yards from the trailhead to avoid conflicts.
- Pick up your pet's waste and dispose of it properly.
- Do not use the Froelich trailhead lot (Orange and I-90) as a park-and-ride lot.