Wednesdays with the Mayor
Please join us for civic conversation in Wednesdays with the Mayor on the fourth floor of the Missoula Public Library. We’ll hold these monthly informal chats on the fourth Wednesday evenings of each month from 6 to 7:00 p.m. Each will feature a primary focus followed by time for questions and discussion on any topic of interest to Missoula residents. Click on the calendar for the current topic and links to background information.
Join us on the top floor of the library between 6:00 and 7:00 p.m. Feel free to drop in even if you can't stay for the whole event.
Watch live on MCAT's Facebook. Call us at 406-546-7692 during the event if you want to submit a question or if you have trouble viewing the meeting.
Stream past events from MCAT's YouTube channel . Videos will be uploaded a day or two after each event.
- July 2023 - Mayor Hess was joined by Commissioner Josh Slotnick, Representative Mark Thane, and staff to discuss property taxes and what needs to change
- June 2023 - Mayor Hess discusses the anniversary of the City's acquisition of Missoula Water.
- May 2023 - Mayor Hess and staff had a conversation about Marshall Mountain Park.
- April 2023 - Mayor Hess addressed urban camping and people living unsheltered in our community
- March 2023 - Mayor Hess talked about the Downtown Safety and Mobility Project
- February 2023 - Mayor Hess discussed property tax reform
- January 2023 - Mayor Hess led a discussion about the Federal Building acquisition
- October 2022 - Hear about the Crisis Services Levy from Mayor Hess and staff
- Do I have to stay at the event the whole time?
No, it's not necessary to attend the entire event. Folks who arrive at 6:00 will get to hear City representatives share interesting information about that month's topic. However, we understand that folks are busy and we want this event to be welcoming to all. If you can only drop in for a few minutes at the beginning, middle or end, feel free to do so.
- What if I don't like asking questions in front of people?
We want everyone to feel comfortable participating in the discussion. You can write a question on notecards we'll provide, or call 406-552-6002 during the event to leave your question with a staff member.