The City of Missoula Wellness Program, Fit City, emphasizes a commitment to employees' health by achieving and maintaining healthy lifestyles through proper nutrition and physical activity.
- 2017 Rock Stars of Health Award
- 2012 Outstanding Achievement in Worksite Health Promotion Silver Award
- 2010 Excellence in Worklife Wellness Silver Award
- 2008 Excellence in Worklife Wellness Silver Award
- 2007 American Heart Association Fit Friendly Company Gold Award
- 2009 American Heart Association Fit Friendly Company Gold Award
Fit City Rewards Program
Employees are able to earn points for engaging in healthy activities. Each quarter gift certificates are awarded to employees based on total number of points earned.
Health and Blood Screenings
Employees and their spouses, or domestic partners, are encouraged to participate in an annual blood screening, complete health risk appraisal, and learn important information related to healthy lifestyle choices. Blood screenings are voluntary and can reduce a person's annual deductible under the health benefit plan.
Employees register online for your screening.
Fit City, in conjunction with the Parks and Recreation Department, offers employee discounts for participating in Parks-sponsored recreation programs. Discounted memberships may also be obtained through local health clubs and gyms.