Save Lives, Protect Property, Ease Pain & Suffering.
Records of MFD prior to 1900 are, unfortunately, incomplete.
We know our first facility was constructed in 1887. For additional information on our past including fires, former staff, and memorials of those lost, "Our History" page is rich with such information.
MFD Station 1: 625 E Pine Street: Our headquarters station staffs 1 engine company (which includes 1 captain and 2 firefighters) and battalion chief. It also houses our main offices which include chiefs, admin staff, prevention bureau and training and EMS division. It holds 1 type 1 engine, a trench supply trailer, watercraft, wildland rig and 2 reserve engines.
MFD Station 2: 247 Mount Ave: One of our newly remodeled stations, Station 2 is staffed with 1 engine company. It houses 1 type 1 engine and 1 rescue/wildland truck.
MFD Station 3: 1501 39th St: This station staffs 1 engine company and houses 1 type 1, 1 ladder truck, and 1 reserve engine.
MFD Station 4: 3011 Latimer St: One of our busiest stations, Station 4 is staffed with 1 engine company and our maintenance facility. It is also home of our training grounds with a burn tower, crash site training and a newly built trench training ground. It houses 1 front line type 1 and 1 reserve engine as well as a ladder truck and a wildland rig. It also has a large training room with potential for public use.
MFD Station 5: 3425 Lower Miller Creek Rd: Our newest station houses 1 engine company with 1 type 1 engine and 1 wildland truck.