The Missoula Wastewater Treatment Plant is an advanced secondary treatment facility with biological nutrient removal and ultraviolet disinfection.
The operations and plant maintenance staff responsibilities are to:
- Provide optimal process control through observation, sampling and testing, data interpretation, and microscopic exams
- Perform preventative maintenance to all treatment facility equipment in accordance with a computerized maintenance program
- Repair and replace equipment when needed
- Conduct plant tours and promote public awareness of treatment operations
- Investigate alternate treatment strategies such as land application of effluent
- Conduct beneficial reuse projects
- Using treated effluent to irrigate approximately 90,000 Hybrid Poplar trees on 180 acres.
- Using treated bio-solids for composting.
- Using biogas (methane) to provide heat and electricity.