What is a frontage and how does it affect my sign?

There are two different types of frontages that affect signs: building frontage and property frontage.  Wall signs are affected by the building's frontage, whereas ground signs are determined based on the property's frontage.  For more detailed descriptions and guidelines please see Missoula Municipal Zoning Code Title 20 20.75.170 - Measurement Rules.

For additional information or questions please contact Zoning Desk at (406) 552-6625 or zoningdesk@ci.missoula.mt.us.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I start?
2. What are the steps to a sign permit?
3. Are there other permits required?
4. When is a sign permit required?
5. Where can I see the status of my sign permit?
6. Which signs are prohibited?
7. How is the height of a sign determined?
8. When is an engineering review required for my sign?
9. Do sign permits expire?
10. Are there standards for sign lighting?
11. What clearances affect my signs?
12. What is a Visibility Obstruction Triangle and how does it affect my sign?
13. What are the application requirements for a sign permit?
14. What are the required documents for a sign permit?
15. What is a frontage and how does it affect my sign?
16. When and where are political signs allowed?
17. What is Fire Premise Identification?
18. How is Street Addressing handled under Missoula Municipal Code?