Flower Beds and Boxes
Please review grounds regulations or contact the cemetery office at 406-552-6070
|Grounds cleared - No decorations allowed on grounds
|Deadline for payment to assure holiday planting
|Late fees will be charged to bed and box orders
|Flower beds ready for planting after 5 p.m.
|Flower boxes arrive from Caras Nursery
|May 20 - June 9
|Flowers or decorations of any type allowed on grounds
|Grounds cleared of all items except those in authorized beds, boxes, or vases
|Flower beds and boxes removed
Flower beds are prepared by the cemetery in front of the stone for families to plant and maintain
- Size: Minimum 2' but not to exceed the size of the foundation on the grave
- Annual bed preparation fee (PDF) is charged based on the size of the bed
- Beds are invoiced annually - please call the cemetery office 406-552-6070
- Late paid beds = additional charges
- Fees are non-refundable
- Graves with flush stones in front of existing stone = no bed allowed. Boxes only allowed.
- Beds are ready for planting nine days before Memorial Day
- Late paid beds may not be ready for holiday planting
- Beds are allowed through Labor Day
- Annual flowers only. No vegetable or fruit plants.
- Sponsor is responsible to plant, weed, and maintain beds
- Beds are watered systematically by the cemetery sprinkling system
- Unauthorized beds will be removed without notice
- Beds that become unsightly or overgrown with weeds will be removed without notice
Flower boxes are a regulated, wooden box placed at the head of a grave, ordered through a local nursery or you can make your own by following the regulation requirements (access fees still apply).
- Cost (includes two fees paid separately):
- Cemetery invoice: Annual box access fee (PDF) is charged by the cemetery
- Caras Nursery invoice: Annual box planting fee is charged by Caras Nursery - please call them directly at 406-543-3333
- Late paid boxes = additional charges
- Fees are non-refundable
- Boxes are placed on graves the Thursday before Memorial Day
- Boxes will not be placed on a grave until payment has been received
- Boxes are allowed through labor Day
- Sponsor is responsible to weed and maintain boxes
- Non-regulation, unpaid, or unauthorized boxes will be removed without notice
- Boxes that become unsightly or overgrown with weeds will be removed without notice
- Size: Regulation size and color requirements (access fees still apply)
- 2' long x 8" wide at base x 11-1/2" high
- 10" wide at the top
- 2" x 8" cleats on each end, protruding at least 3/4" from the end of the box for handling
- Made of wood
- Painted dark green
- Name of sponsor and deceased must be permanently and visibly placed on the box
- Annual plants only. No fruit or vegetable plants.
- Beds paid late may not be ready to plant by Memorial Day.
- Sponsor is responsible to plant, weed, and maintain beds.
- Sponsor is responsible to weed, and maintain boxes.
- Fees are non-refundable.
- Understand that wildlife love flowers
- Can I plant flowers on my grave?
The cemetery offers annual paid flower bed or box options. To order this service please contact the cemetery office 406-552-6070. All our decoration and flower rules can be found at Grounds Regulations
- Who maintains my flowers?
Families are responsible to plant, weed, and maintain their annual paid flower beds and to weed their annual regulation flower boxes. Beds or boxes that become unsightly or overgrown with weeds will be removed without notice, including those planted by local florists. Please review grounds regulations
- Is water for flowers available on the grounds?
Water is available at the faucets by the office. Please bring a container to transport your water to your grave. The large sprinklers on the grounds are available only if the irrigation is running in that section of the cemetery.